Saturday, February 11, 2012

Firsts At Daycare

I have been working at a day care for almost a year. Every day I hear these crazy and funny stories from the kids. I remember the first time I had to be by myself with the two year old class. There were about four or five of them. I was a little nervous but I had a lot of fun. We mostly played with the cars and trains around the table, or we would color with each other. I am only there for the last two hours so the day went by so fast. Being alone with the kids that day made me realize that this was the age I wanted to work with when I finished my associate degree in college. Even though I am usually with the three to five year olds, I am always looking forward to seeing the two year olds when they come over to our classroom with us at five, so there teacher can leave.  Another time I remember is the first time I even started working there. I was so scared to start because I am a quiet person. Luckily I knew two people from school that worked there too, so I had some people to talk to when we were around each other. Now those two people are not there anymore but I am a lot more comfortable and I love all those kids there. I am excited to see all of them when I go during the week.  I also have made some relationships with the teachers I work with.

1 comment:

  1. Working with children generally do make you fall in love with them because they make you feel good about yourself with just a smile. I understand being shy at first when you don't know anyone in a new job, but with children they except you right away with a little help from you of course to show them your a nice person. I am glad you enjoy what you do.

    ReplyDelete